Policies regarding dress and grooming stress the importance of reducing distractions that inhibit learning and are addressed as an
attempt to enhance the safe learning environment of every student. Final interpretation of the dress code rests solely with the
administration. The Principal maintains the right to determine extremes in styles of dress and grooming. Extremes in style and fit in
student dress and extremes in style of grooming will not be permitted. Refer to the Handbook on Attendance, Discipline, and Student
Records for additional information regarding dress code.
- Students are not allowed to wear tank tops, muscle shirts, and sleeveless t-shirts as outer garments.
- All hats, caps, bandannas, stocking caps, hoods, etc are banned from school campus during regular school hours.
- Male students: an acceptable, well-groomed haircut will be required. Hair must be clean and not unusually colored. Sculptured hair styles that include pictures, symbols, letters, numbers, or hair in curlers, rollers, or excessively teased will not be permitted.
- Male students may wear a neatly trimmed mustache, beard, or goatee.
- Female students are not allowed to wear spaghetti straps or shoulder straps that allow under garments to show underneath.
- Sheer, see through, or low cut shirts and blouses are not allowed.
- Blouses and shirts must be long enough so that no skin may be seen between the pants/skirt and shirt. This rule includes any position including sitting.
- Any article of clothing with suggestive symbols, words or advertisements of products or substances prohibited by the St.Tammany Board policy shall be prohibited.
- Shorts and skirts should be fingertip length when student is standing erect with his or her arms extended down ornot more than 5” above the knee. Skirts or shorts with leggings or jeggings underneath are still subject to the fingertip rule.
- All pants worn must be secured at the waist.
- Students are required to wear school ID’s during regular school hours. The ID shall be worn above the waist, at chest level, and visible at all time.
- The wearing of body piercing ornaments is limited to the ear and 1 stud nose piercing. Piercings may need to be removed for some school activities (activities for which these ornaments are deemed dangerous, i.e. physical education activities).
- Pants with holes in any location or excessively worn, tattered, and/or frayed at the knee, pocket, thigh, or hip areas are not permitted if skin can be seen.
- Pajamas, robes and slippers are not appropriate attire for school.
- Hair must be clean and not unusually colored. Sculptured hair styles will not be permitted.
- Backless shoes and sandals (flip flops, shower shoes, soccer sandals, Birkenstocks) are not permitted.
- Leggings are not permitted.